Cafe

Alimentos que tienen unas propiedades especialmente benficiosas para la salud!
Dalamar
Site Admin

Cafe

Mensajepor Dalamar » 05 Sep 2013 08:37

1. Coffee increases anxiety: Coffee damages the nervous system.

People who drink coffee get less sleep which in turn inhibits their ability to handle stress.

Stress is even heightened as soon as the hot liquid enters your system.

It releases hormones like epinephrine, cortisol, and glucocoticoids, which result in the immediate boost we are all familiar with, but later results in long-term tension and anxiety.

2. Coffee ages your skin: A lack of good sleep is like putting a huge dent in your regeneration time.

Premature aging is also caused by the dehydrating effects of coffee.

You probably already know this, but coffee does not count as part of your daily liquid allowance, it actually hinders it and leaves your skin dry and susceptible to permanent damage.

3. Caffeine impedes creativity:
Whether you are in a creative job role or not, multiple daily tasks and problem-solving skills require a certain level of creativity.

Marina Konnikova, a New Yorker contributor and the author of The New York Times bestseller "Mastermind: How To Think Like Sherlock Holmes" stated, “Creative insights and imaginative solutions often occur when we stop working on a particular problem and let our mind move on to something unrelated. In one recent study, participants showed marked improvements on a task requiring creative thought… after they had engaged in a different, undemanding task that facilitated mind wandering.

"The more their mind wandered when they stepped away, the better they fared at being creative.”

Simply put, caffeine results in pinpoint focus, but it doesn't allow the mind to wander and fries the creative process.

4. Caffeine is a major cause of depression: Coffee drinkers have lower levels of serotonin synthesis in the brain, which is the hormone responsible for releasing feelings of well-being and happiness.

The bestselling author of “Caffeine Blues” and pioneer in the field of anti-aging, Stephen Cherniske, stated that countless coffee drinkers end up taking anti- depressants because of the lack of sleep, fatigue, and many psychological issues that result.

5. Caffeine affects the absorption of certain medications: Tricylic antidepressants are completely deterred once ingested with coffee.

Cherniske also adds that one cannot truly get off anti- depressants while still drinking coffee.

So it’s basically a vicious cycle with coffee being a major catalyst in the equation.

6. The energy boost coffee results in is only an illusion: The immediate pick-me-up we feel from caffeine is nothing more than your body struggling to adjust to the increased levels of stress hormones.

According to Cherniske, as soon as you drink coffee your body starts producing adrenalin, “Adrenalin is what gives athletes that winning burst of energy and Good Samaritans the ability to rescue people by lifting cars.

"By stimulating your adrenal glands to produce adrenalin, caffeine puts your body in this "fight-or-flight" state, which is useless while you're just sitting at your desk.

"When this adrenal high wears off later, you feel the drop in terms of fatigue, irritability, headache or confusion.”

7. Caffeine slows down your metabolism: Coffee offsets your body’s PH levels. It is a highly acidic substance that taxes your organs.

The human body is a magnificent machine that finds solutions to every harmful substance we tax it with.

So how does it deal with high level of acidity? It holds onto extra fat in order to protect delicate organs.

8. Vitamin B deficiency:
Caffeine is a diuretic. Water-soluble vitamins, such as B-vitamins, can be depleted as a result of the fluid loss.

In addition, it interferes with the metabolism of some B-vitamins, such as thiamine (vitamin B1).

The one exception to this rule appears to be vitamin B12, which is absorbed faster in acidic environments.

9. Countless additives heighten the negative side effects: We’ve all heard of the array of problems that cow’s milk, soy milk and artificial sweeteners afflict on our bodies, but more important are the additives that are included before the coffee gets to your cup.

Most coffee plants are subjected to heavy pesticide use.

Unless you are getting your hands on fair-trade organic coffee, you can be sure that you are exposing your system to a large amount of pesticide residue with every creamy latte.

10. Cochineal dyes, the not-so-secret ingredient: Starbucks has come under fire for using cochineal dyes, which basically means “ground up bugs”, specifically, cockroaches! Yes, most pre-ground coffee has ground cockroaches in it and they can’t be processed out.

According to the FDA’s own studies, up to 10 percent of green coffee beans are roasted and ground with insects in them.

It takes a minimum of eight weeks to flush the side effects of caffeine out of your system, and the withdrawal period, although short, is not the most pleasant experience.

The Wall Street Journal even reported that withdrawal from caffeine is now classified as a mental illness.

So while coffee does have its benefits - such as antioxidants and creating a vitamin B12 friendly environment - is it really worth the cost of addiction to such an unhealthy substance?

Fuente: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/ten-reas ... tml?page=1
¿Te ha gustado este hilo? Compartelo en las redes sociales para que se sume mas gente a la conversacion!

Dalamar
Site Admin

Re: Cafe

Mensajepor Dalamar » 05 Sep 2013 09:46

Beneficios:

It improves cognitive performance, reaction time and short term recall.
    Coffee stimulates peristalsis and can help those who suffer from constipation.
    According to the latest studies on the subject, moderate coffee consumption seems to be protective against cardiovascular disease.
    Coffee contains beneficial antioxidants, methylpyridinium being the most well known one.
    Coffee seems to offer protection to the liver and has been found to reduce the incidence of liver cancer.

Contras:

Caffeine can trigger the release of unhealthy levels of cortisol in some people. Chronically elevated cortisol levels is bad news for a multitude of reasons. Think weight-gain, disturbed sleep patterns, depressed immune system…
    Coffee hinders iron absorption because of its tannin content. It can therefore further exacerbate iron deficiency.
    Regular coffee consumption seems to decrease insulin sensitivity, which can translate to weight gain and increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Studies have mixed results about the insulin desensitizing effects of coffee, but the most coherent ones make it clear that the effect is negative.
    Many people believe that coffee is a diuretic, which means that it makes you lose free water and can therefore lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. Studies have shown though that, in the long term, coffee doesn’t have a diuretic effect after you’ve become used to it. Drinking coffee only very sporadically could still bring about the diuretic effects since the body would lose its habituation to the effect.
    Coffee irritates the tissues of the gastrointestinal tract and can exacerbate those with ulcers, IBS, gastritis or other such gastrointestinal disorders.

A mi parecer en cafe esporadico no es del todo malo, pero si necesitas un cafe diario para estar despierto ya es un probema, yo pongo mi dosis de cafe en uno o dos al mes, me permite disfrutarlo de vez en cuando sin tener que evitarlo al 100% y a la vez no ser dependiente.

Hay que tener en cuenta tambien que la cafeina hace que el estomago produzca mayor cantidad de acido, eso es importante para quien tiene el estomago "comprometido" ya sea por consumo de anti-inflamatorios no esteroideos o por la Helicobacter Pilory que es tan comun, algo similar ocurre con los picantes.

Recordemos que el descubrimiento de que la mayoria de las ulceras estomacales son debidas a la Helicobacter Pilory fue motivo para un premio Nobel, el resto de las ulceras normalmente son producidas por el consumo de anti-inflamatorios no esteroideos como es la aspirina, ibuprofeno etc... El estres o el cafe/picante no producen ulceras, pero intensifican su dolor si estas ya existen al producir mayores cantidades de acido en el estomago.
¿Te ha gustado este hilo? Compartelo en las redes sociales para que se sume mas gente a la conversacion!

Dalamar
Site Admin

Mensajepor Dalamar » 02 Nov 2013 06:06

Aqui tenemos la otra cara de la moneda:
Moderate consumption of adenosine-inhibiting, common-or-garden caffeine improves concentration, mood and alertness; enhances acetylcholine release in the hippocampus; and statistically reduces the risk of suicide. Non-coffee drinkers are around three times more likely to contract Parkinson's disease. A Michigan study found caffeine use was correlated with enhanced male virility in later life.

Dalamar
Site Admin

Mensajepor Dalamar » 27 Nov 2013 13:46

Fatigue & Immunity

There are few things more frustrating than the lack of energy to perform normal tasks.

When speaking to individuals about coffee consumption typical responses are, "I need the energy, I MUST have my coffee. I can’t go without it.” The irony is that caffeine is a major cause of fatigue. Most of us are familiar with the 2pm crash that comes with the workday. “Well no worries, I’ll have another cup of coffee” you might say. – This is where trouble begins. When it comes to caffeine, fatigue is determined by the amount of milligrams consumed. Studies have shown that fatigue heightened in individuals who had three cups of coffee and was the highest in those who had five cups.

Continuous coffee and caffeine consumption places the body into a chronic state of stress or emergency. Caffeine signals the adrenal glands to produce stress hormones that are responsible for the “fight or flight” response. While useful for outrunning grizzly bears, it’s not intended for constant and sedentary use. The perked attention after drinking coffee is the body’s response to the unnecessary secretion of stress hormones. The energy felt after drinking coffee is actually your body battling the stimulated fight or flight response.

Studies have shown that constant stress impairs the immune system to respond to normal hormonal ques. The excessive amount of stress hormones deters communication within the immune system posing for additional complications with auto-immunity conditions. Once in this state of emergency the body seeks out reserves and depletes vitamins and minerals the immune system rely on.

Deflated Mood and Cognition

Coming down from the caffeine high (you’ll have to eventually) may cause exhaustion, hindered cognition, and moodiness.

“Wait, moodiness? But caffeine elevates your mood and helps you concentrate.”

There are claims that coffee aids in treating depression and moodiness and here’s why; within minutes of drinking coffee, the central nervous system is firing neurons, sending signals to the brain, and pumps out adrenalin. The perked attention for someone exhibiting depressive symptoms would certainly feel beneficial. Unfortunately, this is short lived, fails to treat the underlying cause of depression/moodiness, depletes vitamins that aid in brain functioning, and slows oxygen to the brain. Have you ever heard an athlete use the term adrenalin dump? If adrenalin becomes too high before an event, the athlete will crash too early during their performance. It’s the same idea with coffee; after the alertness dissipates, the individual is left to crash and potentially in a worse mood.

Although mild in comparison, caffeine manipulates the same neurochemical activity as amphetamines, cocaine, and morphine. (I’m NOT implying that coffee is equivalent to the previous examples but simply presenting the connection). Although different drug types, each stimulate the central nervous system to a degree causing temporary feelings of elation, pain relief, attentiveness, and suppressed appetite. These sound like great things but most of us understand the potential danger and addictive nature of these stimulants.

IBS & Acidic Content

“It sounds like caffeine is the culprit not coffee. So I’ll have decaf more often.”

That’s a good start, but first: Cutting back is useful in combatting issues associated with caffeine but the acidic make-up of coffee must also be considered.

It’s commonly understood that coffee is a trigger for IBS. Even in modest amounts, coffee produces a laxative effect within minutes after drinking. This applies to decaffeinated coffee as well and provides that caffeine is not the only culprit for IBS symptoms. Decaffeinated coffee is found to contain higher amounts of acid than regular coffee and stimulates acid production in the body. Excessive acid damages the intestines, resulting in absorption, immunity, and over-all health issues. There are numerous drinks containing a higher acid content than coffee. Sports drinks for instance, contain nearly double the amount of acid as coffee. Having sports drinks in effort to rehydrate from a cup of coffee enhances potential complications from acid damage.

Weight Retention

“I like coffee because it curves my appetite.”

Adrenaline stimulation releases and emits stored blood sugar. Insulin releases and blood sugar drops below normal. You’ll be hungrier than before in no time.

Keep in mind that excess insulin is known to:

Promote the storage of fat = weight gain
    Retain sodium = holds water weight and causes high blood pressure
    Increase amounts of inflammatory compounds in your blood!

Dalamar
Site Admin

Mensajepor Dalamar » 21 Ene 2014 19:40

Fuente: http://www.health.harvard.edu/newslette ... out-coffee

Caffeine and some of these other substances in coffee seem to have their good and bad sides, and coffee's overall effect may depend on how much they cancel each other out.

Dalamar
Site Admin

Mensajepor Dalamar » 21 Feb 2014 17:14

Yo no suelo tomar cafe... Tengo una sospecha de que me sienta mal por algun motivo... Ademas de que me pone demasiado ansioso! Pero ayer estaba con un amigo en la cafeteria y hacia meses que no me tomaba un cafe, y me dije "hummmm que bien huele, un caprichito de vez en cuando...", y me lo tome!

A los 5 minutos empece a tener una sensacion de pinchazos por el cuerpo, como que te clavan aguajas... joder, me habia pasado alguna vez, de hecho tuve una tamporada que me ocurria bastante pero no sabia el motivo, y ahora me di cuenta de que era el cafe!

En su dia esos pinchazos me ocurrian bastante pero cuando empece a tomar anti-acidos se me pasaron, y como tenia ulceras en el estomago por la HP: intolerancias-alimenticias-f111/helicobacter-pilory-t1223.html

Asi que interprete que esos pinchazos eran por las ulceras, algo asi como dolor reflejo ya que no tenia ningun dolor en la tripa aunque el doctor dijese que tenia que estar retorciendome de dolor.

Bueno pues el tema es que esta manana me he levantado y tenia todo lleno de ronchas rojas con puntos muy rojos, y me he acojonado... me he ido a urgencias, y a simple vista me han dicho que parecia alergia, me han hecho analisis de sangre etc para descartar otras cosas y me han dicho que si, que lo mas probable es que sea alergico al cafe o cafeina.

Uno que no puede tomar cafe! La leche seguro que no es... pero probare por si acaso a tomar un poco dentro de unas semanas, pero estos pinchazos por el cuerpo estaban asociados a la cafeina, si tomo mucha coca-cola o te negro a veces tambien me ocurre aunque en menor medida.. lo curioso es que no me pasa siempre, pero claro, cuanto mas tiempo llevo sin tomar, peor es la reaccion! (Al parecer)

Eso si.. cuando le digo a la doctora que si es alergia al cafe o a la cafeina me dice que no sabe que pruebe! Y le pregunto... "Pero tengo los igE altos ya que me has sacado sangre?" y me dice que no ha mirado eso! Arrrggg Y es la Clinica Cleveland que se supone es de las mejores del mundo! Que pais!

Dalamar
Site Admin

Mensajepor Dalamar » 21 Feb 2014 17:51

La cafeina dura en el cuerpo:

Caffeine takes a certain amount of time to work through your system. One study some years ago showed that the half-life of caffeine in healthy adults is 5.7 hours (see source). This means if you consume 200mg of caffeine at mid-day, you would still have 100mg in you at around 5.45pm.

The same study mentioned above showed that people with compromised liver function had a significantly longer half-life (a 49-year-old woman having alcoholic hepatic disease had a serum half-life of 168 hours).

Others can have genetic factors influencing the gene responsible for caffeine metabolism. The gene CYP1A2 is needed by the liver break down up to 95% of the caffeine in the body. Other genes can influence how well this gene does its job

firehand
Especulador Listillo

Mensajepor firehand » 21 Feb 2014 19:51

Es curioso. No sé si se podría explicar por el tema de la cafeína. Yo diría que si el té verde te sienta bien no van por ahí los tiros.

Dalamar
Site Admin

Mensajepor Dalamar » 21 Feb 2014 21:41

Si, es curioso, yo no lo tengo muy claro, pero obviamente despues de tomarme el cafe empiezaron esos pichazos por el cuerpo fue algo instantaneo y no era la primera vez que me ocurria y tenia sospechas del cafe, yo creo que depende de la cantidad, por ejemplo el te negro alguna vez me ha hecho una reaccion parecida pero mas light.

Mi mujer es alergica al marisco, si se come una ostra hay que llevarla al hospital, si se come uno o dos langostinos no le pasa nada o como mucho le dan ligeros picores y se tiene que tomar un antihistamínico... Yo creo que va por ahi... Por otro lado he leido que es acumulativo.

Asi que no lo se... lo que esta claro es que tenia una reaccion alergica, se veia en la piel de forma muy exagerada y por todo el cuerpo.

Lo que puedo hacer es experimentar, probar con cafe descafeinado y con cafe solo, con cantidades moderadas por supuesto, tampoco es cuestion de tener una reaccion anafilactica.

Tambien puede ser que los antibioticos tengan un efecto potenciador o que debiliten el estomago y por eso la reaccion sea mayor.

Deberia de probar a reducir a cero la cafeina, es otra opcion, pero me quedaria sin el te verde, que para mi es un nootropico excelente.

Dalamar
Site Admin

Mensajepor Dalamar » 20 Abr 2014 16:18

Un comentario interesante sobre el consumo de cafe a largo plazo: http://paleohacks.com/questions/92047/c ... flora.html

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/8751/title/Food_for_Thought__A_Gut_Feeling_about_Coffee.
The conclusion I've come to about coffee and any source of caffeine is that although there are a range of studies touting their benefits, their negative effects are greater for most people due to the fact that it's a stimulant of the sympathetic nervous system and the adrenal glands. Over time this leads to adrenal fatigue and eventually burnout if it isn't stopped. I just don't think we need to rely on stimulants for energy if we have ideal health, which many people on this website will tell you is possible to achieve just by eating a healthy diet. Coffee may have some short term benefits for our gut bacteria but I believe that's trumped by the negative effects it has on the body in the long term, such as adrenal problems, hypersecretion of stomach acids and irritation of the gut.

Un estudio sobre el cafe en la microbiota: http://www.jnutbio.com/article/S0955-2863(14)00020-5/abstract

En principio es ligeramente positivo para la microbiota, pero lleva a resistencia a la insulina, lo cual lleva a diabetes.

Volver a “Alimentos Saludables”

Ingresar